From August 15th-17th we had our OSP end-of-summer meeting. Twelve participants from nine of the projects attended. We also had invited talks from Olin Shivers and Phil Wadler. Several people from local universities (NYU, Long Island University) and companies also
Each of the projects gave a talk and demo. Here are the projects that were presented:
- Caml-Shcaml: Objective Caml in the small. Alec Heller and Jesse Tov.
- OCaml Reins: A Persistent Data Structure Library for OCaml. Mike Furr.
- Parser Combinator Library. Chris Casinghino.
- Dromedary: An Enhanced OCaml Editor. Therapon Skotiniotis and Christos Dimoulas
- Erlang Style concurrent and Distributed Programming in OCaml. Benedikt Grundmann.
- Cross-platform Functional-reactive GUI Library. Chris King.
- OCaml Mathematical Framework. Olivier Bouissou and Alexandre Chapoutot.
- OCaml Visualization Toolkit. Cap Petschulat.
- Laying the Foundations for an Advanced Visualization System in OCaml. Kree Cole-McLaughlin.
The code for the projects is available in our SVN repository:
Olin Shivers gave a talk on Little Languages, and Phil Wadler gave two talks, Comprehensive Comprehensions and Well-typed Programs Can’t be Blamed.
Here are some pictures from the meeting.
We look forward to next year’s OSP. Watch this space for an announcement.